Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Trying Too Hard: Quirky Black Girl

QBGs are the best.  They're lanky, astute, pretty in an androgynous way, and usually dress pretty fly. However, with any "quirky" look, you can always stumble into dreaded "TRY TOO HARD" territory.

Example.

Solange Knowles.  Hat? Fucking WIN.  Oh, such a win.  I love hats.  Women-we need to Bring Hats Back.  It's the granny top, necklack and *shudder* Chanel bag that really ruin this.  Like, literally: a grandma would wear this shit.  Grandmas shop at Chanel.  Why wear 5 things dedicated to one trend at a time? Mix up yo retro, girl.
Solange: always trying, usually failing.

Yes.  Look at me.  I'm quirky and classic.  Tall, slim, gorgeous.  Composed.  Look at my man blazer and jeans paired with simple black booties and a supple bag.  Now note my hair: like a lion's mane, it roars while my outfit whispers.
Go on, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment