Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hits and Misses: Blake Lively

Blake Lively, who's hot as shit and star of NOTHING I have ever seen (Gossip Girl?  No.  Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantaloons or whatever?  No.  Anything else?  Okay, this is old). The only thing I know about BL is she has the world's best fake titties and nose job.  Anyfuck, BL has a brilliant stylist.  I'm almost inclined to think she dresses herself.  Time will tell, when Gossip Girl gets canceled and she goes "artsy" and stops taking (read: can't get) anymore high paying gigs (Mischa Barton syndrome).  With that said, let's check her shit out!

GODDAMN, GIRL!  Killin' em!  I adore teal shades, especially on blondes, and the sleeves keep it interesting.  Can't lie: I love lopsided shit. The makeup and hair are spot on as well, which is important.

This is the first picture I ever saw of this trick.  Verdict: BONER CITY.  Legs look amazing, creamy skin, turquoise on blondes = win.  Jumpers/rompers are usually stupid as fuck, but her tits and legs were MADE for these things!  She takes a little girl look and sexes it up without being vulgar. 

Ah...Blake's biggest and best WIN in my opinion.  This is a dress I saw and DEMANDED to have.  Even on eBay, imported from Bumfuck China, this dress is still almost $100.  Bukkake!  I love the fit, the cut, the white/black mesh combo, and her tousled hair and t-strap shoes.  Win all over.

Oh Blake.  We all have off days where we just feel...beige.  And mismatched.  And zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring? Yeah, NOW.  BL wore this style (shoulder pads, deep V, sparkles) before it was as IN STYLE as it is now.  I wouldn't call her a trendsetter, by any means, but this look was ahead of the curve, and just because it's played out NOW doesn't mean it still wasn't great THEN. Also, shoes: lurve.


Dude, who invited that stuck up chick from Lit Club?

Some people might call this a miss.  I'm partially on that tip, but this dress is genuinely DIFFERENT.  And not, look at me I have stripes in my hair and spikes on my pants *Rihanna* different, just...original.  The colors are great, the cut is amazing, and he details are stellar. 

See, now this is another zzz moment.  My gripe is the fit: when you're tall and rich, you've got no excuse for a bodice that's too short.  None.  Also, feathers are SO Christina Aguilera.

Mm, boobies.  I love this outfit.  It's a touch risque but also a touch avant garde.  The bow detail and square toed shoes are FABULOUS!!! *two snaps*

God, HORRIBLE.  Empire waist and silver shoes?  Jesus.  Blake was cool to take a picture with her grandma, but she shouldn't have let her dress her.

Do you know what it takes to squish fake boobs?  A lot.  Like a horrendous Armenian-in-LA-hair colored dress with added detailing around the hips.  Ladies, word of advice: don't go out of your way to make your boobs look SMALLER and your hips look BIGGER.  Mmkay? Also, Blake?  You'll never be Jerry Hall.

Here's Blake Lively taking a page out of her pal Leighton Meester's book and dressing like a retard.  This COULD have been a win; I mean, I like the top and the belt; but the shoes/bottom/overall fit of everything ruins the look.  Like I always say: part of trying is failing.
 Overall verdict?  WIN, by a landslide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment