Friday, December 3, 2010

Nasty Gal vs.Lulu's

Here we go again.

Lily Lattice Dress - Wine

NastyGal.com: $58
Lulu's: $41

Roberts Sequin Dress

NastyGal.com: $98
Lulu's: $85

Lace Skater Dress
NastyGal.com: $50
Lulu's: $38

Keaton Sequin Leggings
NastyGal.com: $70
Lulu's: $29 (I posted these today, earlier...see below)

I could go on and on and on and on and on.

My question is...why the overcharging?

I know the manufacturors SUGGESTED retail price is just that-SUGGESTED-and you can legally jack the price up on this shit exponentially, but dude.  REALLY?  Nasty Gal is consistenly about $15 more per item than other websites.  Why do they think it's okay to do this shit?

Hm...maybe I should email them. (keep you posted)

I've said this before: when you're a small, independent shop, or just getting started, sometimes you hitch the prices up a little bit to make ends meet.  Add a couple of bucks on.  Okay.  I don't agree with it, but I understand it, and understanding goes a long way.  *que 80's music* But when you're a mega successful website like NastyGal.com, who has an ad on EVERY fucking website known to man, and your average item MSRP is over $50, WHY?! Why sell something for $70 when it's $29 elsewhere? AND I AM TALKING THE EXACT SAME THING!  It's not designer vs. knockoff!  It's THE EXACT BRAND, THE EXACT ITEM.

Inexcusable.

It bums me out-it really does.  Nasty Gal has some GREAT items.  I love their shoppers, I love their site, I love everything!  But the prices and shipping are outrageous.  Assholes.

NastyGal.com

Lulus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment