Friday, December 3, 2010

Pretty Pennies Wins and Losses, December 2010

December twenty-ten Wins and Losses from PrettyPennies.com!

WINS


















Motel "Beatrice" Bodice, $43.99

I can't stop loving Motel.  Truly.



















Spring and Clifton "Suspended" Dress, $123.99

I have no idea where these cockmanglers get off charging over $100 for this dress, but I LOVE the garter detail. 



















Charlie and Marcelle "Initial" Bracelet, $29.99

I saw these over at Fred Segal the other day-they're ADORABLE.  I'm thinking Xmas present!




















BB Dakota "Chapman" Skirt, $47.99

I'm really loving SKIRTS right now.  Especially ones that you can get away with at work OR out and about.  The tiered dress/skirt is one of those looks that I personally feel is accessibly avant garde AND a staple.  This is a catch-22: any item of clothing that can transition in such a manner is rare and should be a staple in your closet. 



















BB Dakota "Fini" Coat, $71.99

You know when I get the most compliments on my style?  When I'm wearing a natty coat, a patterned scarf, boots and gloves.  I shit you not.  Any broad can put on a slutty dress or wear some leggings with heels or jeans and boots: it is the coat and accessories that take a woman from simple to stylish.  This coat is properly CUT, meaning it tapers at the waist the way a coat like this is supposed to.  The collar detail gives it a little spice, but overall, the entire coat is about the CUT.





I love girly dresses that aren't pink and ruffly.

LOSSES

One of my favorite brands to consistently rip on is Wildfox.  Not because their designs or quality sucks, but for their sheer brass balls.  Balls, you say?  Yes, balls.  That is what is takes to come out with a line of fucking t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants that each cost, on AVERAGE, $100.  Take this sweatshirt: it's pretty cool, right?  I'm really into skeleton shit so I like this more than the average bear, but it is $107, people. And Pretty Pennies is usually less than other sites.  How sad is that?! ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR SOMETHING I AM GOING TO MAKE FOR ABOUT $30 IN THE FASHION DISTRICT (where I live) BY SOME MEXICAN.
People are stupid.

Fuck the what? Why?  What did it do to you?
This T-SHIRT is $60 and sold out.
Wow.

Stop doing this, you guys.
Stop dragging what could be misconstrued as "feminism" into things.
You're making actual feminists, who went out of their way to allow your ass the freedom to wear dumb shit, look retarded.
And the cage sleeves?  Ugh.

Dude. What?
Even the model is confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment