Thursday, December 2, 2010

Photography: Jamie Nelson for NYLON

I have a love/hate relationship with NYLON magazine.  When I was younger, I liked their hip, sassy attitude. But then, as I got older, I realized they consistently glamorized really really stupid, lame ass tricks who didn't deserve to be glamorized over other, badder bitches.  Kind of like when XXL magazine called Drake and Nicki Minaj "rap royalty" and I said KRS-One and Rakim must have been LOLing pretty hard.

However, I will admit they often have great photo spreads.  Right now, I'm really into SATURATED YET WASHED OUT COLOR.  (As in, you know when I get a new iPhone I'm going to be all up in the hipstamatic app, mmkay?)  This spread by Jamie Nelson is filled with color, glitter, lipstick, champagne, and legs.  In other words, everything I love.











Images via Touch Puppet

No comments:

Post a Comment