Friday, December 3, 2010

Lulu's Wins and Losses, December 2010

Lulu's Hits and Misses, December twenty-ten.


WINS
Obey "Eye of the Tribe" jacket at Lulu's: $113
I love me a good tribal print.  Personally, I think the best way to rock something so eye catching is to limit it to a jacket or pants.  A top distracts from your face (usually a bad thing, unless you're Alice Dellal), and tribal print bags and shoes are kinda played out.
EDIT: I found this jacket at Pretty Pennies for $107.99-naughty naughty, Lulu's!



Lulu's Draped in Gold Roses Necklace, $23
This is something I would normally vomit looking at, but the corny roses are actually nicely balanced with the other chains and the chunky links at the top.

Glittery Stardust Black Sequin Leggings, $29
Now, you're probably thinking: Champagne.  You can't possibly be putting SEQUINED LEGGINGS in the WINS column, can you? Yes, friend.  You know why?  Because these are $29, hardly a bank-breaker (although I suggest you search eBay for a pair for less), and one day your ass is going to need to wear something fucking festive, and you're going to be 2 weeks behind in laundry and running late.  That is when you can pull out these goddamn sparkle pants and pair them with even the most zzz-inducing shoes and top, and still look happy and stylish.
Word to the wise, though...if you're a tall girl (like myself), buying leggings online is treacherous.  They're rarely long enough.


Tulle Butterscotch Candy Vegan Leather Skirt, $47-SOLD OUT
Obviously the usage of the word "leather" in a vegan skirt is Tulle just being coy, but I can certainly see why this is sold out (although I fear the "leather" will look fake as fuck in daylight).  Butterscotch anything is hard to find these days (go vintage!), so I usually take the opportunity to buy any basic I see in this shade.  I like the tiers and length.

LOSSES

What the fuck is this?  A glittery trash bag on top of your 8th grade gym shorts?

One day, I'm going to find Jeffrey Campbell and slap the shit out of him for consistently assaulting my eyes.

This dress reminds me of a crusty band-aid.  GOD I HATE RUCHING.  And can we fucking STOP with the woven chain/leather look?  Leave it to Chanel's boring ass.

Here's a close up of the side detail.  CHINTZY!!!!

This dress is called the "Baklava", and for good reason: it will make you look like a soggy piece of dough.

Lulu's

No comments:

Post a Comment