Monday, January 31, 2011

Brand to Watch: Lime Crime

I found Lime Crime Makeup a while ago on Blogue amd fell in love* with their ridiculous frothy aesthetic and candy colored lipstick.

*I own Cosmopop and Styletto.

Most of their colors are undergoing reformulation to make them vegan, but will be available in the new formula in March 2011. The pigments in these lipsticks are INSANE-the color you see is the color you GET.

Because I own both a dark shade and a creamy pastel, I personally feel the darker shades are better on pale gals and the creamy shades are better on those with darker complexions.  You might think it ought to be the opposite, but trust me on this one.


Retrofuturist, $16 This is next on my list to cop. LOVE it.

Airborne Unicorn, $16 (quirky black girls: THIS IS FOR YOU.)

Countessa Flourescent, $16 Another one on my list...
Cosmopop, $16 I own this one and wear it frequently, although truth be told, I think for pale complexions who want an orange lip, My Beautiful Rocket (below) might be better.  Cosmopop is better for darker complexions. I'm talking to you again, quirky black girls...

My Beautiful Rocket, $16

Styletto, $16 Precision is the key to wearing black on your lips. Steady hands!
D'Lilac, $16

Centrifuchsia, $16
No She Didn't, $16 ONE WORD: BALLS.  (Not Ke$ha...shudder)
Great Pink Planet, $16
Lime Crime also sells shimmery eye powders which I'll admit I've never tried because I still use that shit in stackable pots you can get in the mall.

What?! Shit lasts for years!




2 comments: