Friday, March 11, 2011

The Art of Bondage

A trend I love DESPITE it's complete newfound homogeny is BONDAGE ACCESSORIES.  A handful of you might remember Sienna Miller wearing a bondage harness out and about in 2006 which promptly caused a slew of ho's to jump on her look (Rihanna included).

This was JUST when the Gareth Pugh, tough look was starting to come into mainstream play, and boy howdy has it run amok!  Now any bitch can run off to Forever 21 and stock up on cuffs, suspenders, and gags (okay maybe not GAGS but don't worry it'll come) and all sort of other shit to complete her "S&M naughty girl" look.  Ugh. No personality.

Some of my favorite Gareth looks.

With that said, I do really enjoy a well executed bondage accessory, something that is high quality and will last a while, because in all reality, bondage accessories really only look good when they're high quality.  Low qualiity leather looks are a bit too Hot Topic for my tastes.

Fleet Ilya's prices are ridiculous.  As in, I don't fucking care WHERE you got this leather or if virgins from Spain (there are none) handstitch this shit on a mountain of unicorns, BUT it's shot beautifully and can be used as an endless source of inspiration. I personally am planning on working with leather and metal in the future and I love these concepts.








Naughty, naughty!


No comments:

Post a Comment